Best Washing Machine In India 2020
Gone are the days when owning a washing machine was considered a luxury, it has now become a necessity.
The reason for the increase in demand for the best washing machine in India can be attributed to technological advancements and a fall in prices making washing machines affordable for all.
In this dynamic society where every minute is valuable, people are always looking out for ways to get things done quickly and more effectively.
The demand for washing machines is growing as more and more people are switching to the urban lifestyle of homemaking. In this regard, washing machines are a true savior as it can help you wash your clothes without losing much time or sweat.
The latest washing machine models from the best washing brand in India comes inbuilt with so many outstanding features that it becomes really hard to resist the temptation.
List of Best Washing Machine in India
However, we believe that the best washing machine is one that fully satisfies the customer’s needs. Every customer is different with different requirements. Hence, one should always go with the product that fulfills their personal demands.
It depends on multiple factors like the number of family members in your home, your budget constraints, etc. We will discuss all the factors in the “BUYING GUIDE”.
Types of Washing Machine
In order to understand the right washing machine for your family. One needs to understand the different types of washing machines available in the Indian market.
While every new model launched by the best washing machine brand in India tries to bring in something innovative and different.
Washing machines can be broadly classified on the basis of two categories – automation and loading.
10 Best Washing Machine in India 2020
We have brought for you the list of the best washing machine in India.
In this article, we will be talking about the 10 best washing machine in India along with their features. We hope that it helps you understand your requirements and also help you in choosing the perfect washing machine for you.
This fully automatic top load washing machine from LG comes inbuilt with a smart inverter that adjusts the consumption of energy in accordance with the power required. With a 6.2 KG capacity and a maximum of 780 RPM, It easily makes it to the list of the best washing machine in India.
The washing machine comes with a plethora of features and options that will make washing clothes a truly fun ride. Its Smart Inverter Technology gives you a better washing experience. It helps in keeping your clothes safe from any scrapes or scratches. It also ensures less vibration and noise.
LG is a household name when it comes to home appliances and is one of the best washing machine brands in India. Like always, the brand has filled this washing machine with multiple features that are guaranteed to give you a satisfying washing experience.
- Long Motor Life: The motor of this washing machine comes along with BMC Motor Protection that surrounds it entirely. It ensures a longer life for the motor as there is no room for insects, dust, and humidity.
- Turbo Drum: The LG Turbo Drum feature gives the most powerful washing experience. It promises to clean the toughest of stains using a powerful water stream. The rotation of the pulsator and drum in the opposite direction makes sure that there is no dirt or stain left on the clothes.
- Smart ThinQ: Save on your time and money with the Smart ThinQ app from LG. If you’re facing any problem or trouble with the washing machine, just connect to the app and it will tell you what the exact problem is and how to solve it.
- Child Lock: LG understands that the safety of your family is of the utmost importance. Its Child Lock feature allows you to disable the control panel when you are not using it.
- Punch+ 3: This feature makes the water streamflow in the vertical direction that allows even washing of all the clothes by mixing them up and down.
- Rust Proof: The drum is made of stainless steel, which means that there is no risk of rust, germs, or bacteria.
- Tub Clean: The Tub Clean features sterilizes the outer tub as well as the inner tub to ensure a hygienic washing experience.
- Auto Restart: Don’t worry if there is a power cut while you are washing your clothes. This washing machine will automatically restart from where it stopped when the power comes back.
The stylish looking washing machine is easily one of the best washing machine in India that comes laden with exciting technological features. It has a maximum capacity of 6.2 kg and a maximum rotational speed of 700 RPM.
This 6.2 kg fully automated washing machine from Samsung, one of the best washing machine brand in India. It is among the top choices when it comes to top-loading washing machines in India.
The washing machine comes with many innovative features like Magic Filter, Diamond Drum, Air Turbo Drying System, and more.
- Magic Filter: The lint filter in this washing machine from Samsung is placed much lower in the washer when compared to conventional washing machines. This helps in effectively trapping the lint irrespective of the water level.
- Diamond Drum: This washing machine has a unique drum that helps you in maintaining the quality of your clothes. The diamond drum comes along with tiny exit holes that avoid any damage to your clothes by restricting the fabric from sticking out.
- Air Turbo Drying system: The Air Turbo Drying system used by Samsung makes sure that your clothes dry up perfectly. There are minute vents that allow the air to get inside the drum, it also helps in preventing mold formation by keeping the drum dry all the time. The Air Turbo (Monsoon) feature reduces the drying time by rotating the drum rapidly to extract more water.
- Water Fall Technology: Waterfall technology is a very useful feature as it delivers better cleaning and rinsing. It also ensures the even distribution of detergents.
- Eco Tub Clean: The Eco Tub Clean feature keeps your machine clean and dry without using any chemicals. It also notifies you at the correct time when the tub needs cleaning.
- Six Wash Cycles: This washing machine has got six different wash cycles – Normal, Delicate, Quick Wash, Blankets, Soak+ Normal, and Jeans.
- Other Features: Some of its other features include Tempered Glass Door, Easy user interface, Intuitive LED, and more.
The Haier HWM58 is a top-loading washing machine with a maximum rotation speed of 1,000 RPM and a capacity of 5.8 KG. The high RPM means that your clothes are dried faster. This top load washing machine from the house of Haier is easily one of the best washing machine in India for couples and bachelors.
Haier is undoubtedly one of the most trusted and best washing machine brand in India, and this top load fully automatic washing machine is another testament to the exceptional quality of their products.
This rust-free washing machine comes with a plastic cabinet which gives it a longer life.
The Haier HWM58 boasts off a number of quality features like Multipurpose Spin Tub, Fuzzy Logic Control, Quadra Flow Pulsator, etc. that gives it the cutting edge over its contemporaries. Some of the special features of this top-loading machine from Haier are explained below.
- Multipurpose Spin Tub: The 5.8 KG washing machine comes with a multipurpose spin tub which means one single vessel serves as both the washer and dryer. The special size of the drum holes ensures lesser abrasion or scraping of the clothes which are at the lower end of the tub.
- Digital Display: This washing machine comes with a multi-segment display which keeps you updated with each and every process of the cleaning cycle from washing to drying. The display panel comes with a plethora of options including rinse cycle, memory function, rinse hold, quick wash, spin speed, drain, and half-load.
- Quadra Flow Pulsator: The Quadra Flow Pulsator feature in the Haier HWM58 ensures that the detergent reaches each and every part of the clothes to give a perfect cleaning solution. It also makes sure that the clothes put inside the drum do not get tangled with each other.
- Fuzzy Logic Control: The fuzzy logic control is used to automatically measure the weight of the clothes and the time that will be required by the washing machine to complete the cleaning process. This feature is a great example of how Haier uses technology to provide its consumers with a quality cleaning experience.
- Six Washing Programs: This top-load fully automatic washing machine has six different washing programs. These programs are Synthetic, Cotton, Mix, Pre-Wash, Quick Wash, and Eco-Spin. The Quick Wash program gives you the option to save time by washing your clothes quickly.
The Bosch WAK24268IN is one of the best washing machine in India and comes with a 7KG capacity and a maximum rotational speed of 1,200 RPM. The front loader, which is a perfect choice for bachelors or a small family, comes with a variety of wash programs.
These programs include Kidswear, Sari, Monsoon, Super 15/30, Jeans, Allergy Plus, Cotton, Sportswear, Daily Wash, Synthetics, Delicate, Woolen clothes, and more.
Bosch is one of the best washing machine brand in India and is renowned for its quality and innovation. Its Allergy Plus Program helps in keeping your fabrics free from any residue of the detergent.
This washing machine is also certified by the ECARF (European Centre for Allergy Research Foundation). The washing machine comes with a number of exciting features which are explained below.
- Reload Function: This function enables you to add or remove clothes even during the wash cycle.
- Active Water System: This front loader from Bosch comes with a load sensing feature. The device senses the number or weight of clothes in the vessel and automatically adjusts the electricity and water requirements to offer you the perfect wash.
- Child Lock: This is a really useful feature for families with kids at their home. The child lock feature allows you to disable the washing machine and its functions when you are not using it.
- Variodrum: The Variodrum feature of this washing machine gives your clothes a complete wash while also ensuring that they are treated gently.
- Varioperfect: This feature brings down your energy consumption by 20 percent when washing your clothes.
- Anti-Vibration Sidewalls: The Anti-Vibration sidewalls designed in this washing machine keeps the machine noise-free.
- Speed Perfect: This feature reduces the time of washing clothes by 65%.
- WaterPlus: The WaterPlus feature is very useful as it increases the flow of water for completely rinsing off detergents from your clothes.
- Drum Clean: The Drum Clean feature removes any dirt or detergent residue from the tub that prevents any formation of mold.
The LG FH0FANDNL02 is a fully automatic front loading washing machine with a capacity of 6KG and a maximum rotational speed of 1,000 RPM. This quality appliance from the house of LG easily makes it to the list of the best washing machine in India with its innovative and technology-driven features.
This stylish looking washing machine comes embedded with a touch display panel, that adds up to the aesthetics of your home.
LG is one of the best washing machine brand in India and has earned its reputation as a very reliable and trusted company. And this new model from LG is no different as it comes packed with all the necessary washing functions along with many innovative and smart features.
Some of the special features of LG FH0FANDNL02 are explained below.
- 6 Motion Control: This washing machine from LG comes powered with the 6 motion control technology that is tough on the stains but not on your clothes. It moves the washing vessel in multiple directions ensuring that your clothes are perfectly washed without doing any damage to the fabric.
- Inverter Direct Drive: The motor is directly attached to the drum which means that there will be less vibration, less noise, and no wear and tear.
- Waterproof Touch Panel: The washing machine comes with a stylishly designed touch panel which is also completely waterproof so you don’t have to worry about keeping your hands dry while using the touch panel.
- Heater: This front load washing machine comes inbuilt with a heater that can heat the water up to 60°C so that all the stains from your clothes are removed.
- SmartThinQ: You can now connect your LG washing machine with your smartphone using the SmartThinQ app. It will help you if you are facing any problem with your washing machine.
- Hygienic Washing: The Tub Clean feature cleans the tub along with the drum. And the residual water and dirt stains are also removed with its high RPM speed.
- Child Lock: The Child Lock feature is very important if there is a child at your home. You can disable your control panel using the Child Lock making the machine safe around children.
- Baby Care: The Baby Care wash program of this washing machine keeps the clothes germ-free. It keeps the water for 15 minutes at 40°C and then increases the temperature to 60°C, which helps in removing bacteria, enzymes, and detergent residue.
The IFB Senorita WXS makes its way to the list of the best washing machine in India with its variety of wash programs and advanced features like Aqua-energie filter and 3D washing system.
This fully automatic front load washing machine has a maximum capacity of 6.5 KG and a rotational speed of 1,000 RPM.
The washing machine comes powered with many features that enable it to provide you with satisfying clothes washing experience while keeping the fabric of the clothes safe. It provides you with multiple wash programs like Baby Wear, Synthetic, Wool, Cotton, Mixed Fabric, and many more.
This front load washing machine from IFB allows you with the flexibility to alter the temperature settings into five different modes, which means you can wash different types of clothes while maintaining absolute hygiene and cleanliness.
You can also set the spin cycle to four different speeds. Apart from all these features, the machine is bolstered with many more special features which are discussed below.
- Aqua Energie: This front load washing machine comes with an inbuilt Aqua Energie device that energizes the water and dissolves the detergent better which gives the clothes a more comprehensive wash.
- 3D Washing System: This feature creates a 360° current inside the drum, which allows the detergents to get completely dissolved while washing. It also removes all the detergent residue while rinsing.
- Anti Allergen: This feature is very useful for homes with kids. It makes sure that all the washed clothes are clean, fresh, and free of bacteria, germs, or any detergent residue.
- Laundry Add Option: This function allows you to remove or add more clothes in the tub in between the wash cycle. You can just pause the cycle mid-way and add or remove clothes as per your requirement without any hassle.
- Ball Valve Technology: The Ball Valve Technology is an amazing feature that comes with this washing machine from IFB. The ball valve keeps the detergent in while letting the water out. It enhances the quality of the wash while also preventing any kind of wastage.
- Express Wash: When the load is small and light, the Express Wash program is the perfect option to quickly get your clothes washed.
This fully automatic front loading washing machine comes with a maximum capacity of 8 KG, which makes it one of the best washing machine in India for families of five members or more.
This beautiful beast from the house of Samsung comes with a maximum rotational speed of 1,200 RPM, which means it will save a lot on your drying time.
Samsung is one of the most renowned brands globally and is also highly ranked when it comes to the list of best washing machine brand in India. The Samsung WW80J4243MW/TL comes laden with a number of quality and innovative features that make clothes washing an effortless exercise.
Some of the most important features of this front loader are explained below.
- Ecobubble: The Ecobubble feature helps you save your money and protects the texture and colour of your clothes. It ensures a powerful yet gentle washing experience. It turns the detergent into bubbles, which quickly penetrates the fabric of your clothes and easily removes all the dirt stains. This feature means that the machine uses less energy by washing your clothes effectively even in cool water.
- Bubble Soak: The Bubble Soak feature is another powerful function that keeps your clothes free of any spots. All you need to do is press a button and the Bubble Soak function will remove any type of stains including blood. By soaking your clothes in active bubbles, it ensures that all the dirt and stains are cleaned effectively.
- Chemical Free Drum Sanitization: The Eco Drum Clean feature gives you the ultimate convenience by keeping your washer fresh and clean without the use of any harsh chemicals. It automatically notifies you when it requires any cleaning.
- Smart Check: Keep yourself updated and informed in case there is any problem with your washing machine. The Smart Check function enables you to connect your washing machine to your smartphone and acts as an error-monitoring system. It informs you of any problem at the earliest stage and then also gives you all the possible solutions. You do need an active Wi-Fi connection to use this feature.
- 15 Quick Wash: When you don’t have a heavy load or have some lightly soiled clothes, the 15 Quick Wash feature is perfect as it efficiently washes your clothes within just 15 minutes. It is also a great option for those people who don’t like to wait until the laundry pile is huge.
The LG P7550R3FA semi-automatic top load washing machine is one of the best washing machine in India that comes with three different wash programs so that all your clothes are perfectly washed, irrespective of the type of fabric.
With a maximum rotational speed of 1,350 RPM and a capacity of 6.5 KG, this washing machine from LG is the perfect option for bachelors or nuclear families. Don’t lose heart if you have a bigger family because this model also has a bigger variant of 9.5 KG.
The three different wash programs that this washing machine offers are Strong, Normal, and Gentle. It ensures a powerful cleaning experience but also keeps in mind that there is no damage to your fabric.
LG is known as one of the best washing machine brand in India and it has not disappointed us with this model either. This semi-automatic washing machine comes packed with a number of amazing features that guarantee you a satisfying cleaning experience.
Some of the special features of the LG P7550R3FA are as follows:
- Roller Jet Pulsator: The Roller Jet Pulsator ensures more number of rotations which means better friction. This feature enhances the overall washing experience.
- Say No to Rats: If rats frequently visit your place for a nice stroll, then you are going to love this feature from LG. The washing machine has a plastic cover on top of it with rat repellent chemicals. This will make sure that the rats stay away.
- Air Dry: The Air Dry function is useful as it dries your clothes in almost half the time than line drying.
- Spin Shower: The Spin Shower function from LG makes sure that all the detergent residue is washed off from the clothes to give you a perfect washing experience.
- Collar Scrubber: Save on time and water by using the Collar Scrubber function to scrub off all the dirt from the collars and cuffs.
- Lint Collector: All the fiber coming from the clothes while washing is accumulated by the Lint Collector so that the fiber doesn’t stick to the pipe.
The Whirlpool Superb Atom 60I makes its way into our list of the best washing machine in India with its large washing tub and 340W motor to give your clothes a complete wash.
It has a maximum capacity of 6 KG making it a very good option for bachelors and families with 3-4 members. It has also got an impressive maximum rotational speed of 1,400 RPM which means faster drying.
Any list of washing machines would be incomplete without a product from Whirlpool, which is one of the best washing machine brand in India. Whirlpool is a household name in India when it comes to home appliances and this semi-automatic top-loader does complete justice to the brand name.
The Whirlpool Superb Atom 60I is powered by a 340W motor that gives your clothes a powerful wash. The control panel is completely waterproof and shockproof, so you don’t need to worry if your hands are wet when you are using the panel.
Some of the exquisite features of this top-loader are as follows:
- Large Tub: The washing machine comes with a 66L deep wash system, which means that your clothes can move freely within the tub so that all the dirt and stains are removed properly.
- Multi-Utility Tray: The multi-utility tray present in this washing machine allows you to sort and carry out your dry clothes without any hassle. It has also got a special vent which makes sure that the water drops back right into the washing tub.
- In-built Memory: If there is a power cut during the wash cycle, then the machine will remember where exactly the process stopped and it will resume from the same position when the power comes back.
- Super Soak Technology: The Super Soak Technology removes tough dirt stains from your clothes with continuous scrubbing and soaking for 25 minutes.
- In-built Scrubber: This additional scrubber in the washtub ensures that your clothes get a complete wash every time.
- Lint Collector: It effectively accumulates all the lint so that your clothes come out fresh and clean with every wash.
The last entry in our list of the best washing machine in India is this semi-automatic top loading washing machine from BPL. It comes with a maximum capacity of 6.5 KG and a maximum rotational speed of 1,400 RPM. This is a highly budget-friendly washing machine and it’s a perfect catch for bachelors or couples.
This top loader comes with two different wash programs – Standard and Robust wash, just like most of the other semi-automatic washing machines. It also has got a very impressive rotational speed considering its price range.
The BPL W65S22A comes with many more special features which are discussed below.
Some of the special features of the BPL W65S22A are as follows:
- Scrubber: This feature is perfect for those who are tired of removing the dirt stain from your collars. The unique Collar Scrubber makes cleaning the dirt from the collars and cuffs a lot simpler.
- Soak Function: The special soak function ensures that your clothes are completely spot-free and wrinkle-free after washing.
- Spin Shower: The Spin Shower feature is used to get rid of any detergent residue left after completing the wash.
Buyer’s Guide – How to select the perfect Washing Machine?
Now that we have mentioned our top 10 picks for the best washing machine in India.
It’s understandable that one can be spoilt for choices considering all the technological advancements that we see in the modern appliances manufactured by some of the best washing machine brands in India.
If you ask anyone about the best washing machine brand in India, they will instantly come up with names like LG, Haier, IFB, Samsung, etc.
Washing machines are a long-term investment for any household and that’s why you should consider various factors before buying one.
The most important part is to understand your requirements properly and then decide which washing machine works best for you. However, some basic factors must always be considered before going for a washing machine, which is as follows:
Types of Washing Machines
Front Load Washing Machine
The opening of the vessel in this type of washing machine is on the front-side from where clothes are meant to be loaded and unloaded. Unlike top-loading machines, the front-loading washing machines are only available in the fully automatic mode.
Studies have shown that front-loading washing machines consume less water, detergent, and electricity in comparison to the top-loading ones.
It must be noted that 90% of the consumers in the UK prefer front-loading washing machines while 65% of the consumers in the US prefer top-loading washing machines.
Top-loading Washing Machine
This machine is hugely popular in most parts of the world as you can put your clothes in the vessel from the top of the machine.
You don’t need to bend to put your clothes in the vessel. The vessel has a cover on its top which allows the unloading or loading of clothes. A top-loading washing machine can both be fully automatic or semi-automatic.
While a fully automatic top-loader has just one vessel, a semi-automatic top-loader has two vessels on the top.
Fully automatic washing machine
It does all the work at a single press of the button. Unlike its semi-automatic counterpart, these washing machines come with a single vessel or tub for all the functions including washing, rinsing, and drying.
All you need to do is put in your washable clothes in the vessel. Now depending on the weight or number of the clothes, it will automatically fill the vessel with the required amount of detergent and water.
It also rinses and dries clothes automatically. The fully automatic machines also come with different customizing options based on the clothes or type of fabric. Even though these washing machines can be expensive when compared to the semi-automatic ones, it compensates by reducing your time and effort.
Semi-Automatic Washing Machine
A semi-automatic washing machine means that while the major functions are automated, it still requires some manual help. These normally come with two-tubs or vessels, one for washing and the other for drying.
A semi-automatic washing machine also has two separate timers for the washer and dryer. You need to put your clothes in the washing vessel or tub, pour the adequate amount of detergent and water, and then set the timer.
The machine will stop once the specified time is up, you then need to take out the clothes from the wash vessel and put it in the dryer vessel and set the timer. Semi-automatic washing machines are popular mainly because of its low cost.
Before buying any washing machine, the most important thing to consider is its capacity and whether it fulfills your family’s needs or not.
If you are a bachelor or a couple, then any washing machine with a maximum capacity of up to 5 KG should be able to fulfill your washing needs.
A washing machine with a 5-7 KG capacity would be ideal for a family of around 4-5 members. And if you have more than 5 members in your family, we would recommend you to look for a washing machine which has a washing capacity of 8 KG or more.
Top Load Vs Front Load Washing Machine
Another very important factor that you must consider is whether you should go for a top load washing machine or a front-load washing machine.
Top Load Washing Machine
- The top load washing machines are cheaper when compared to their front-load counterparts.
- The top load washing machines are better in terms of the spin cycle.
- They clean quicker when compared to the front load washing machines.
However, the top-loading machines that come with agitators can be really sharp on your clothes.
So if you are looking for a top-loading machine with a faster spin cycle, make sure you choose one which doesn’t come with an agitator.
Front Load Washing Machine
- Front-load washing machines are considered to be better when it comes to power consumption and water consumption.
- People using front load washing machines are satisfied with cleaning efficiency.
- The front-load washing machines also powered with a lot of features and wash programs than the top loaders.
So until and unless you are on a tight budget, you should opt for the front loading washing machines.
Many of them complain about mold formation around the rubber gasket of the door, which adds up to the maintenance cost.
However, there is no such issue of mold formation is with the top-loading washing machines.
You can add or remove clothes in the top-loading washing machines even after the wash cycle starts. This feature is not usually seen in the front loading washing machines.
However, many new front-loading models of the best washing machine brand in India like IFB, Samsung, and Bosch are coming with features that let you add or remove clothes to the vessel mid-cycle as well.
If you have a big family, then front load washing machines would be a better option for you. But, if you are a bachelor or have a small family, then a top load washing machine would do just as well.
Fully Automatic Vs Semi-Automatic
You might also be confused about whether to go for a fully automatic model or a semi-automatic model.
If you are going for a front load washing machine, then you only have the option of going for the fully automatic models. However, top-loading washing machines are available both as semi-automatic and fully automatic.
The fully automatic washing machines are much more expensive in comparison but it also does all your work with just the touch of a button.
On the other hand, with the semi-automatic machines, you will have to manually transfer the clothes from the washer to the drier. The semi-automatic ones also take up more space as they are wider in size and have separate vessels for the dryer and washer.
If you have small kids at your home, whose clothes need to be disinfected and germ-free. Then you should always look for a washing machine that gives you the option to alter the temperature settings.
Top load washing machines mostly do not have temperature settings. Instead, they have two inlet pipes for cold and hot water. The washing machines from IFB and LG come with the temperature setting option that lets you increase the temperature up to 95°C. Bosch, on the other hand, gives you the option to alter your temperature setting from cold to 60°C.
If there are multiple members in your family who like their clothes washed in different ways, then look for options that give you multiple wash programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Every family is different and so are their requirements. That is why one should do proper research in order to understand what their requirements are and which washing machine would be able to fulfill them better.
Buying a washing machine is a long-term investment and once you buy a washing machine. you would want that you don’t have to buy another one in the foreseeable future.
So you must be very careful before choosing a particular washing machine.
We hope this article would have helped you understand which washing machine suits your needs the best.
Let us know in the comments below if you have any questions or confusion regarding this article.