Best Room Heater In India
India is a diverse country, and the Indian climatic condition changes when we move from the north to the south. In some parts of the country, winters can be pretty harsh.
Also, winters are near the corner, and so do the need for a room heater. We all love the winter season, but comforting ourselves in the winters with the blankets is not enough.
Thus the demand for a room heater gradually increases. So to protect you from the freezing winter, we have created a list of 10 best room heater in India that will surely make your room warm.
In earlier winter days, people used to light up the fire with the help of coal and woods to produce heat and keep the place warm, which was time-consuming as well as not eco-friendly.
However, the room heater has solved this problem with the increasing technology and made it more convenient and easy for people.
List of Best Room Heater in India
Types of best room heater in India
There are different types of best room heater in India that come with various features and benefits. The room heaters are classified into different categories. All the room heaters are effective, but they operate in different ways.
First one is in terms of the heating method –
Convection Room Heater
The convection heater works with the help of a fan, fitted inside the radiator. The fan helps to blow the air towards the heating element like a coil or panel.
It helps in releasing the hot air faster and is being circulated in the whole room. This heater is always in demand.
Radiant Room Heater
Radiant room heaters are the most common room heater that uses infrared rays to produce the heat.
However, this heater focuses on providing heat rather than warming the room. It generates heat and transfers it to the person or objects.
Conduction Room Heater
The conduction heater uses molecules for the transfer of the heat. In this heating process, the heat energy is transferred through the molecules and collide between the neighboring atoms.
All these types of room heaters have their own features and advantages & disadvantages. Go through the details in the buying guide to select the best room heater for your home.
Room heaters are portable and convenient appliances and are the best option for keeping the room warm in the winter season. People use comforters, blankets, and thermal wears to keep them warm, but in certain regions, they are not much effective because of the extremely low temperature.
There are different models of room heater available in the market. But choosing a perfect room heater is very important. As the room heater provides us many benefits, there are some points to keep in mind as well.
A wrong room heater may charge you with a high electricity bill and may cause some safety issues/ damage.
Top 10 Best Room Heater in India
We have done thorough research to provide you with the list of 10 best room heater in India with its complete buying guide. Select the most suitable one for your home. You can also compare the features of the different room heaters.
Usha Limited is one of India’s leading manufacturers of household appliances. This company is recognized for manufacturing room heaters, sewing machines, fans, air coolers, and many more.
The Usha Quartz room heater is marked as number 1 selling heaters by Amazon, that is why we have listed this in the first position of the best room heater in India article.
This room heater is economically designed with an operating voltage of 230 V to consume less power. This heater is ideal for small rooms up to 150 square feet.
Usha room heater has a switch that automatically turns off after reaching a specified temperature to protect it from overheating.
This heater will provide you the desired amount of heat and keep the place warm during winters. It has all the safety measures like protecting grill, power cut before overheating.
- Overheating protection – It has an overheating protection system to protect the heater from overheat.
- Two Different ways – The heater can be placed in two different methods for your ease and comfort.
- Power coating Finish – This room heater has a powder coating finish to prevent it from rust and corrosion.
- Hooks – It has a hook at the back for easy movement of the heater and to mount the power cord easily to the hook.
- Quartz Tubes – The heating element installed in the heater is Quartz tubes to provide consistent heat.
Bajaj Ltd is an Indian based company and a large manufacturer of electrical appliances. This radiant room heater will heat the room in 15-20 minutes and also suitable for keeping the person or thing warm sitting near the heater.
It has a parabolic reflector that transmits the energy with infrared radiation. Bajaj heaters have a host of safety features to prevent from any mishappenings.
The room heater ensures the consistent spread of heat in the entire room and makes the place warm. This happens because of the design of the surface of the heater.
Also, the surface is made up of stainless steel that helps in the proper reflection of the heat. These special features make it the best room heater in India.
- Compact Design – A room heater with stylish design as well as with many features. This Bajaj heater is compact and suitable for medium and small size rooms.
- Power – 1000 Watts of energy is used by the heating elements of the heater that ensures warmness in the whole room in just 20 minutes.
- Nickel Chrome Mesh – The mesh grid of the heater has nickel-chrome plating, that prevents the mesh grille from corrosion.
- Thermostat – The adjustable thermostat helps you to regulate the temperature setting of the heater.
- Reliable and Safe – All the heaters from Bajaj Ltd. are safe and dependable for use.
Orpat is a renowned and leading Indian company when it comes to dealing with clocks, room heaters, hand blenders, fans, calculators, and more. It deals with electrical as well as household appliances.
While talking about the Orpat OEH-1260 room heater, the first feature is that it takes minimal time to warm the room. Also, this heater is durable and portable. It has a warranty of 2 years and also comes in the list of best room heater in India.
This Orpat heater has a dual feature; you can also use it as a fan. This heater will provide you instant heating and warm the place in some minutes. It can heat up the room of an area of 250 square feet.
- Design – This fan heater is designed in such a way that it covers the whole room and its lightweight. It can be moved from one room to another easily.
- Heat Setting Knob – The 2 temperature setting knob provided by the Orpat heater is 1000 watts and 2000 watts each. It will help you to control the heat temperature according to your preference.
- Cord Winder Facility – There is a stand like structure at the bottom of the heater in which you can easily wind up the cord wire.
- Safety Measures – It has a thermal cut-off feature that automatically turns off the heater after reaching the heat at a specific temperature. This will protect the heater from overheating.
- Long Life Heating Element – The heating element of the room heater is durable, and the pure copper wires have been used in the motor that guarantees the long life of the heater.
Another heater from the well-known brand Orpat, the Orpat OEH-1220 fan room heater with new technology and advanced features. This heater will give you instant heating within a few minutes.
This product comes in the first position among all the fan room heaters on Amazon and has the highest number of reviews. That’s why we have reviewed this product in our article about the best room heater in India.
The Orpat heater has the capacity to heat the area with the highest temperature. This heater is ideal for medium and small-size rooms of up to 250 square feet. It can also be used as a fan in the summer as well as the heater in the winter.
The plug type used in this heater is a 3 pin, so you need to have a socket for a three-pin plug.
- Two Heat Setting – It comes with two heat settings that are 1000 watts and 2000 watts, adjust according to the requirement.
- Compact Design – The white color Orpat room heater is small and lightweight.
- Safety Features – It has a thermostat, a thermal fuse, safety grilles, and a cool-touch body, which are safety features of the Orpat room heater.
- Cool to Touch Body – This element heater has a cool to touch body, which means the heater’s outer body is safe to touch or move even if it’s operating.
- Dual Functions – This room heater can be work as a heater and fan both. So enjoy the winters by using heater mode and in summers use as a fan.
We are here with another heat convector heater from the renowned company Bajaj ltd is Bajaj Majesty RX11 room heater. This room heater comes with heating efficiency that guarantees to keep the place warm in the extreme chilled winters.
The heat convector heaters provide heat by circulating the hot air through fan forced medium.
The Bajaj heat convector heater has three safety measures that assure you and your family’s safety. This heater provides you a consistent supply of heat in the winters. It has a cool-touch outer body so that you can easily touch the heater without any worry.
Also, it has a built-in handle for easy movement of the heater. The advanced and special features that make it the heater the best room heater in India.
- Dual Purpose Design – The stylist white colour room heater can be used for dual purposes. The multitasker heater will provide you the facility of a heater in the winters and serves you as a personal fan in the summer.
- Adjustable Thermostat – It has an adjustable thermostat that helps you to customize the heating temperature according to your needs. The temperature settings are 1000 W and 2000 W.
- Safety measures – The Bajaj heater has triple safety measures, first is a thermostat, then the auto thermal cutout, and the last one is a thermal fuse that protects the heater from overheating.
- Easy and Clean Operation – As this room heater doesn’t require any refrigerants or oxygen to operate, it provides warm with the easy and clean operation.
- BIS approved – BIS stands for the Bureau of Indian Standards. The BIS certification guarantees that the product is reliable, durable, and safe for use.
Maharaja Whiteline Pvt Ltd. is renowned for manufacturing small appliances like room heaters, mixer grinders, cooktops, irons, water heaters, and many more. The Maharaja Whitelines presents you with the best Quartz room heater in India.
The advanced features and the quality of the heater will definitely make you purchase the heater.
This Maharaja heater is a powerful heating device that will provide you with instant warmth and be a good companion in the chilled winter days. The heater uses the quartz tubes as the heating element.
It comes with an exclusive design and colour. The following features make us to put this in the list of best room heater in India.
- Elegant Design – It comes with an aesthetic design, and the grey colour adds value to its look that attracts the customer more.
- Energy-Efficient – The heater has two different power settings that are 400 watts and 800 watts. It is designed in a way that it consumes less power.
- Safety Measures – This heater comes with all the safety features like thermostat cut-off, protective grille, and safe tip-over switch.
- Easy to Handle – It has a carrying handle at the backside of the heater for easy carrying to one room to another.
- Warranty – The Maharaja Whiteline quato heater comes with a warranty period of 1 year.
Lifelong room heaters are compact, portable, and durable. This white coloured fan room heater will help to keep yourself and your room warm in the cold winter.
It is designed to keep in mind all the safety measures, and It has cool-touch housing, protective grilles, and auto-off function.
This heater can be placed by either of the horizontally or vertically. It has an auto-off feature, which means the motor will stop operating after reaching a temperature of 130-degree centigrade.
The heater will ensure that the hot air wind spreads in all the corners of the room and provides consistent warmth. The other features that make it to come under the list of best room heater in India.
- Compact and Portable – The lifelong room heater is compact in size and design. It can be carried easily from one room to another as its lightweight. The room heater comes with a warranty of one year on the product.
- Three Wind Setting Knob – The three different wind selection modes are cold, warm, and hot wind. You can change the mode according to the outside temperature.
- Adjustable Thermostat – The adjustable thermostat knob is there on the left side of the heater to adjust the temperature setting.
- Powerful Motor – The heater’s motor is made of 2400 RPM copper that helps in instant heating.
- Safety Assurance – This heater is safe for kids to use as it has all the safety measures. Precautions should be taken.
V-Guard Ltd is a leading manufacturer of home and kitchen appliances in India. The brand is famous for manufacturing water heaters, room heaters, fans, stabilizers, inverters, and more. The new technology V-Guard room heater has the potential to provide warmth to small and medium-size rooms.
The room heater has the feature of fast heating and comes with automatic tip protection. The other characteristics of the V-Guard Quartz room heaters to come under the list of best room heater in India.
- Compact Design – This small-sized room heater is capable of providing heat to small and medium-size rooms in the winters.
- Easy to Use – There is no hassle in operating this heater. Its all the setting knobs are on the front side for easy access.
- Faster Heating – It has a dual heat setting of 400 watts and 800 watts that guarantees more rapid heating and allows you to set the power setting according to your need.
- Thermostat Setting – For safety measures, it has a thermostat function.
- Overheat Protection – The heater monitors the temperature and auto-cut the heater’s operation to prevent it from overheating.
Here comes a Halogen room heater from Bajaj Ltd. with many advanced features that makes it in the list of best room heater in India. Bajaj RHX-2 room heater comes in an excellent design and look.
It has multiple safety systems along with a temperature controller knob. Bajaj company is one of the oldest companies, and its products are of good quality and durable.
This room heater comes with a safety tip-over switch and a thermal fuse to prevent from tilting. The heating element used in this heater is halogen tubes that ensures a steady supply of heat in the entire room.
The following are the distinctive features of the Bajaj room heater.
- Design – This room heater has an elegant design with a white colour outer body. The heater can be moved from one room to another very easily as its lightweight.
- Twin Safety Features – It comes with two safety features, first is the safety tip-over switch and second a thermal fuse to protect it from overheating.
- Durable Structure – The heater’s body is made of ABS material, and the safety mesh is also durable.
- Halogen Tubes – The Bajaj heater uses halogen tubes as a heating element and a high-grade reflector’s inner body that accurately reflects the heat in the room.
- Noiseless Operation – Many heaters create sound while operating. But this heater will not disturb your sleep as it doesn’t generate any noise.
Another room heater from Usha Ltd is Usha 423 N, the first one that we have explained is the Quartz type, and this one is a heat convector room heater. The heat convector heaters that operate to provide heat to the room from top to bottom. The best heat convector heater we have in the list of best room heater in India.
The Usha heat convector heater is durable, energy-efficient, and has a twin-turbo design. The room heater is in black colour and has built-in adjustable stands. Also, the height of the room heater can be adjusted according to your needs.
- Twin Turbo Design – This room heater comes with a twin-turbo design that ensures better heating. The heater is suitable for a small size room.
- Thermal Cut off – For safety measures, the most essential thing in room heaters is thermal cut-off. It has a thermal cut-off system that switches off the heater’s operation after reaching the desired temperature.
- Three Temperature Setting Knob – This convector heater allows you to use the heater in 3 different powers at 655, 1330, and 2000 watts. Set the power according to the present needs.
- Side air inlet grills – This room heater has air inlet grilles at both sides to release the air.
- Easy to Handle – It has a handle on the top for easy portability and an adjustable stand for height adjustment.
Buying Guide – How to select the best room heater in India?
Buying a room heater is not an easy task, as there are lots of options available in the market for you. You should be very careful before selecting the one. Before buying a room heater, the factors you should consider are the type, the size, the number of heating rods, power settings, safety measures, and many more.
In this buying guide of the best room heater in India, we have discussed each and every factor and features of the heater that are important to know.
Different Types of the Room Heater
The first thing that needs to keep in mind is the type of room heater more suitable for your home. The room heaters are also categorized based on the types and models. There are a total of 8 kinds of heaters available in the market.
The first type of room heater that is more common in the Indian houses is a fan type heaters. It is a convection type heater that uses a fan to produce heat. The fan heater is perfect for an enclosed room, and also it ensures to heat the entire room.
Note: It can create a little noise as it uses a fan for heating all the time.
A quartz heater is a type of infrared heater and the most efficient kind of room heater. In radiant heaters, there is a coil type heating element that generates radiant heat and provides warmth in the entire room. If we compare other heaters with this quartz heater, these are more cost-efficient.
Note: Don’t allow your children and pets to go near this heater as the surface can get hot to touch.
The oil-filled room heaters offer you a soothing warmth but are expensive. It will not burden you with a high electricity bill. Oil-filled room heaters are also known as oil-filled electric space heaters with a small tank inside the appliance filled with thermal oil. The heating element is fully immersed within the oil inside the tank. This room heater is suitable for all sizes of rooms.
Note: It provides the right amount of heat, but warms up the surface.
6. Heat connector
The best room heater for those who want a warm and cozy room in the winters. The heater has the capacity to heat the room from top to bottom. As the coils of the heater get hot and come in contact with the air, it generates heat. And the warm air gets spread in the whole room. These heaters don’t create any kind of noise.
Note: Not suitable for the person who has a dust allergy.
The ceramic chips have been in this heater. These chips get heat really fast and reach at the pre-defined temperature. PTC room heaters are compact, energy-efficient, and powerful. It has temperature settings; because of that, it never gets overheated.
Note: It is suitable for only small rooms or areas.
The second thing you need to check is the size of the heater. In-room heaters the size doesn’t mean the height and breadth, but the heating output produced by the heaters.
The heating output is measured in watts. If you have a large room, you need to buy a heater with higher wattage and vice-versa.
The wattage is the amount of electrical output produced in watts. In room heaters, the wattage ensures the amount of heat produced in a room.
Please note – The higher the wattage will emit a high volume of heat and vice-versa.
Accordingly, if you have a large room considered the one with the higher power wattage and a small room, heater with low watts would work.
Through our analysis, we have come to the fact that the more number heating element, the more heat it will emit.
The room heaters have different elements for heating. Like in oil-filled heaters, there are fins that produce heat, and there are coils in radiant heaters.
The important point that you should keep in mind is the temperature control setting. Usually, a room heater comes with a maximum of two-three power settings knob. We recommend you not to consider the heater with only a single power setting.
The multiple power-setting control will let you adjust the heater’s temperature according to the need of the hour.
For safety reasons, you should always consider a room heater with thermal cut-off. The thermal cut-off is an electric device that will switch off the supply of power to the heater’s heating element after reaching the specific level of temperature.
It increases the life of the heating elements and also of the room heater.
You don’t need to turn off the heater frequently after every time it reaches its maximum temperature. With this cut-off, you will save power and less electricity bill.
Type of Plugs and Power Cord
Before buying a heater, check the plug type, whether it has a standard type of a plug or power plug. Also, check the length of the power cord so that it can fit in the room.
Some room heaters are small, compact, and lightweight that is easy to move from one room to another. But heaters like oil-filled heaters are difficult to carry.
Although, the advanced designs make it easier because some heaters come along with the castor wheels. Note: For small heaters, do check if they have a handle to carry or not.
Light and Noise Level
The radiant and halogen room heaters have a constant light glow that might disturb you at night. The other important factor is the noise level of the heater.
Make sure it doesn’t generate huge noise; otherwise, it will create problems for children and older people at your home. Therefore consider both the points as significant as other factors before buying.
The most important thing to keep in mind is the safety measures in the heaters. Heaters like convection, fan, and radiant come with a grille kind structure or have a safety mesh in the front.
Make sure you check all the safety features if you have children and pets at your home. The other safety features you should check is the thermal cut-off, thermostat, protecting grille, etc.
The warranty period provided by the different room heater companies is for the period between 6 months – 2 years. We understand that you don’t want to purchase a new room heater every year.
Therefore, we have listed only those products with a warranty period of 6 months – 2 years in the article of the best room heater in India.
The safety precautions that need to be check while using a room heater in your room.
Frequently Asked Questions
We hope you have carefully gone through the list of best room heater in India and read all the features of every room heater.
With the buying guide, we understand that you got the idea of the things that need to be kept in mind before selecting a room heater.
We have tried to make it easy to select the best room heater for you and your loved ones. Be careful while buying a room heater, and if you have kids at your home, kindly read the safety precautions that have already been explained above in points.
Kindly let us know in the comments below if you still have any questions.
We will give our 100% to solve your queries.