Best Ceiling Fan In India
To guide you through the buying of a ceiling fan, we have prepared the list of best ceiling fan in India along with a buyer’s guide.
There is hardly any doubt that a ceiling fan is the most used electric appliance at any house. Not just a home, but other places too, be it an office, a store, etc.
Irrespective of what time it is, if you are in your house, then there’s a good chance that at least one of your fans is working. This is what makes it essential for you to do proper research before buying your next ceiling fan.
List of Best Ceiling Fan in India
While this article will focus mainly on the best ceiling fan in India.
It is worth noting that there are other types of fans as well, which one can go for if it suits their requirements.
Ceiling fans, as the name suggests, are mounted on the ceiling. It circulates the air throughout the room with its tilted blades running on a powerful motor.
1. Atomberg Efficio with Smart Remote
The Efficio 1200 mm ceiling fan is touted to be one of the most energy-efficient fans currently available in the Indian market. It is manufactured and designed by a group of IIM & IIT graduates.
This model is easily one of the best ceiling fan in India. The fan consumes as less as 6W when operating on the slowest speed. While working at maximum speed it consumes only 28W, which means it reduces your electricity bill by up to Rs 1,500 per year.
The energy efficiency of this ceiling fan, coupled with its smart features, easily make it one the best ceiling fan in India. The Atomberg Efficio 1200 is built with Aluminum Alloy material that keeps it rust-free.
It has got a noise-free motor that allows you to have a completely undisturbed and pleasant experience. The ceiling fan comes equipped with Power Surge Protection that protects it from any kind of power surge or fluctuation.
Now look at the other features of the Atomberg ceiling fan.
- BLDC Motor: The Brushless DC motor gives a noise-free experience and also enhances the overall performance of the ceiling fan. It is very energy efficient and also prevents any sort of power loss. This super-efficient BLDC motor helps you to save the right amount of money on your monthly utility bills.
- Smart Remote: One of the advanced features of this ceiling fan is its Smart Remote. Not only does it let you control the essential functions of the fan, but it also gives you the option to select different modes – Turbo Mode, Sleep Mode, and Timer Mode.
- Turbo Mode: The Turbo Mode switches the fan on the maximum speed. The Sleep Mode reduces the speed of the fan by one level after every couple of hours. The Time Mode feature allows you to set a time after which the fan will switch off automatically. The smart remote can operate from as far as a distance of up to 20 feet.
- Quality Performance: This feature-rich ceiling fan gives an exceptional noise-free performance and operates at a consistent speed even if the voltage fluctuates down. This appliance is also very durable and runs three times longer when running on an Inverter.
2. Crompton Hill Briz Ceiling Fan
The Hill Briz 48-inch offered by Crompton is easily one of the best ceiling fan in India. It is considered as a value-for-money appliance and gives you a satisfying experience.
The ceiling offers a 1200 mm fan sweep that provides cool and breezy air throughout the room. The Crompton Hill Briz boasts off an excellent design that would go well with the overall aesthetics of your home.
With a high speed of 370 RPM, this fan comes with a power output of 75 watts. This fan comes with a warranty of two years.
Crompton is a famous brand when it comes to home appliances. This ceiling fan does absolute justice to the brand name.
One of the best ceiling fan in India, the Crompton Hill Briz 48-inch does is a very reliable and durable product. Its extra light body allows the fan to operate at a faster speed than most of the other competitors.
The air distribution quality of this ceiling fan is also pretty good. This ceiling fan is blessed with some of the other exciting features:
- Aluminum Body: The Crompton Hill Briz is made of powder aluminium material. The aluminium material protects the fan and blades from any sort of corrosion or rusting. This corrosion resistance feature of the ceiling fan enhances the performance of the appliance. It also gives the fan a longer lifespan. The blade tilt is also made at such an angle that ensures better air delivery over a more significant area.
- Double Ball Bearing: The smooth performance of this ceiling fan from Crompton is ensured by its dual ball bearing. This feature also keeps the noise level down to a bare minimum, which allows you to have a completely undisturbed experience.
- 100% Copper Winding: The longevity of this ceiling fan is enhanced with its 100% copper winding.
- Light Weight: The blades are really lightweight, which allows them to rotate at a faster speed and provide better air circulation throughout the room. This fan has a high speed of 370 RPM. Apart from having a lightweight body, this ceiling fan is also very easy to clean and maintain, making it one of the best ceiling fan in India.
3. Havells Leganza 1200mm Ceiling Fan
The Havells Leganza is a feature-rich ceiling fan. It is the next entrant in our list for the best ceiling fan in India. It boasts off four fan blades, which promise exceptional air circulation across the room.
An extra blade over the traditional fans also makes sure that it will make much lesser noise while rotating. This ceiling fan has got a sweep size of 1200 mm, which makes it a good option for any space with an area between 65 – 100 square feet.
This four-blade ceiling fan with a maximum speed of 350 RPM is easily one of the best ceiling fan in India. The manufacturers have blessed this appliance with an eye-catching design and some really powerful features.
The price may seem to be on the higher side, but the ceiling fan surely makes up for it with quality performance and stylish looks.
Some of the other special features of this top-notch appliance from Havells are:
- Excellent Performance: This four-blade ceiling fan from Havells provides exception air delivery with a CMM of 230. The appliance is powered by an HPLV motor that ensures the smooth functioning of the fan even if the voltage is low. The fan also offers a good sweep size of 1200 mm.
- Ingenuous Blade Design: Another great feature of this fantastic ceiling fan is its blade design, which is very unique and innovative. This reduces the usual battering, which is generally seen in fans with blades. This is resulting in a more complete, satisfying experience while sitting under the fan. The circulation of air in throughout the room also gets enhanced by this innovative design.
- Exotic Blade Trims: More than just being a home appliance, this ceiling fan from Havells can also work as an exquisite home décor item. The ceiling fan is designed with trims on the body as well as the blades, giving it a very stylish look.
- Dual Tone Colour Scheme: The dual colour combination of this fan adds to the exquisite design of the ceiling fan and makes it look a lot more appealing and attractive.
4. Luminous Dhoom High-Speed Ceiling Fan
The Luminous Dhoom 1200 mm is one of the best ceiling fan in India. It has a maximum speed of 380 RPM that gives a cool and breezy experience throughout the room.
With an air delivery of 220 CMM and a blade size of 1200 mm, you are sure to enjoy cool air irrespective of where you are sitting in the room. The operating voltage of this appliance is between 220V and 240V and has a power consumption of 70 watts.
This ceiling fan from Luminous is amongst one of the best ceiling fan in India available currently. It is best suited for home or office use with its attractive design and best-of-class performance.
Luminous is a brand well-known for its durable appliances and the use of quality raw materials that guarantee a satisfying user experience.
The Luminous Dhoom 1200 also carries a warranty period of two years on manufacturing defects.
The following features of this ceiling fan from Luminous makes it the best ceiling fan in India:
- High-Speed Motor: The Luminous Dhoom 1200 comes equipped with a powerful high-speed motor that is both powerful and efficient. It ensures high-speed and faster rotation of the blades. More significant and high speed means better dissipation of heat for an overall satisfying experience. The motor is capable of generating a maximum speed of 380 RPM.
- Optimum Air Delivery: With an air delivery of 220 CMM, this ceiling fan from Luminous circulates air evenly throughout the room with its 1220 mm blade size.
- Longevity: Luminous has blessed this appliance with the best quality of raw materials, making it a very durable product. Motor is designed with high-quality aluminium material that is non-corrosive and rust-free. Also, the motor windings are done with pure electrolytic copper wire. Its three blades are also corrosion and rust-free. All these features are critical in enhances the lifespan of the product, making it an excellent investment.
- Wide Blades: The blades of this ceiling fan are a lot wider in comparison to other competitors. These wider blades are very useful as they provide a wider and even spread of air throughout the room.
5. Havells Nicola Ceiling Fan
Havells is one of the reputed brands in the country when it comes to home appliances. Similarly, Havells Nicola is one of the best ceiling fan in India.
This ceiling fan comes in various exciting colour combination options, which are sure to make your family members feel pleasant and guests envious.
With a maximum speed of 350 RPM, this ceiling fan comes with a 1200 mm blade size. It is also available in three different blade size options of 600 mm, 900 mm, and 1400 mm.
This 1200 mm ceiling fan is perfectly suitable for home and office use. The Havells Nicola is one of the best ceiling fan in India. This also comes in handy when you are looking to save up on your electricity bills.
This ceiling fan requires a power consumption of 72 Watts and offers air delivery of 225 CCM. The other special features of the Havells Nicola are as follows:
- Excellent Air Delivery: This ceiling fan offers a steady and breezy flow of air for any room or office with an area between 65-100 square feet. This appliance is driven by a powerful motor that ensures an impressive performance through every corner of the room, along with three ergonomically designed blades.
- Stylish Trims: The blades, as well as the fan motor, come with trims that are stylishly designed to give it a very funky and chic look. These decorative trims will surely complement the overall aesthetics of your room or office space.
- Twin Canopies: The messy wings of the fan are easily concealed as this fan comes with specially designed twin canopies. It also gets easier to mount or fit the fan to the ceiling because of its top canopy.
- Energy Efficient: Another feature that makes this fan one of the best ceiling fan in India is that this fan is energy efficient and will always save a lot on your electric bills. Along with the attractive design and exquisite appeal, this ceiling fan is also great in terms of performance.
6. Crompton Sea Wind Ceiling Fan
This Opal White 48-inch Sea Wind ceiling fan is another exceptional product from the house of Crompton. It carries a simple yet aesthetic appeal and provides a cool and breezy atmosphere all around the room.
This high-speed ceiling fan is one of the best ceiling fan in India. It is also known to be a perfect option considering the performance it offers and its price. The Crompton Sea Wind is a reliable product with guaranteed performance for years to come.
This quality ceiling fan from Crompton offers a high speed of 380 RPM and a sweep size of 1200 mm. Crompton has also backed this product with a two years warranty, which tells you how confident the brand is about its quality.
The Sea Wind is amongst the best ceiling fan in India by Crompton and is also very easy to install.
Its lightweight body means that the blades rotate at a faster speed. Some of the other notable features of this ceiling fan are as follows:
- Easy to Maintain: This ceiling fan is very durable and does not require much maintenance. It is also very easy to clean and has a long lifespan thanks to the 100% copper winding.
- Aluminum Body: This ceiling fan from Crompton is built with powder aluminium material that protects the blades and fan from any sort of rusting or corrosion. This feature enhances the performance of the appliance. The longevity and durability of the fan are also increased because of the rust-free property. The tilt of the blade is at a unique angle, which results in better air delivery over a large area.
- High-Speed Fan: The lightweight blades of this fan increases its speed and also make sure that there is adequate air circulation throughout the room. The maximum speed of this fan is 380 RPM.
- Double Ball Bearing: The ceiling fan comes equipped with double ball bearing, enhancing the overall performance of the appliances. It ensures a smooth and noise-free operation making it one of the most economical options if you are looking to buying the best ceiling fan in India.
7. Bajaj Maxima 600mm Ceiling Fan
The Bajaj Maxima is one of the best ceiling fan in India when it comes to a 600 blade size fan. This fan is best suited for a small room or office and is a complete value for money product.
This home appliance boasts off an exceptional rotational speed of 870 RPM, along with air delivery of 110 CCM. This ceiling fan comes fitted with four blades; the higher number of blades reduces the noise level.
Bajaj is known as one of the biggest brands in India across different sectors, be it automobiles, home appliances, finance, and more.
When it comes to fans, Bajaj has come up with multiple ceiling fans, wall fans, pedestal fans, etc over the years. The Maxima is one of their most innovative products and is easily amongst the best ceiling fan in India. It also has a warranty period of 2 years.
The only downside of this quality product is that it has a limited sweep size of 600 mm. That means you cannot use it in a large room or your living room.
Irrespective of that drawback, this four-blade ceiling fan still offers a number of quality features, which are:
- Double Ball Bearing: The Bajaj Maxima is equipped with the double ball bearing technology, which is meant to avoid any kind of friction among various parts of the fan. This results in enhanced performance along with a longer lifespan for the appliance.
- Quick Start High Torque Motor: The Bajaj Maxima is powered by a high torque motor that comes with a quick start feature. It starts circulating cool air instantly after you start the fan.
- High Speed: This small four-blade fan offers extensively cool air. It has an impressive rotational speed of 870 rotations per minute. This ceiling fan is sure to blow your mind away the moment you switch it on.
- Aluminium Blade: The longevity of this ceiling fan is enhanced by the superior build of the four blades. These blades are built using aluminium materials of excellent quality.
- Low Power Consumption: Enjoy this satisfying experience without paying for a fat electricity bill as it consumes only 66 watts of electricity. This excellent product is truly a value for money product.
8. Crompton HS High-Speed Ceiling Fan
This is the third entry into our list of best ceiling fan in India from the house of Crompton, and this just tells you how good the Crompton brand is.
The Crompton HS Plus is blessed with a sturdy design to complement its powerful performance. This ceiling fan has a maximum speed of 370 RPM and offers a 1200 mm sweep that is very ideal for home or office use.
The Crompton HS Plus is easily one of the best ceiling fan in India with a sturdy design and quality performance.
It offers air delivery of 218 CMM, which allows the proper distribution of air throughout the room. We have briefly explained the main features of ceiling fan below:
- Energy Efficient: The Crompton HS Plus is a BEE 5 star labeled fan and is one of the most energy-efficient options around. While normal ceiling fans consume around 75 Watts of power, the Crompton HS Plus consumes only 53 Watts of power that saves up to Rs 850 per year on your electricity bill.
- Double Ball Bearing: This ceiling fan comes with double ball bearing and 100% copper winding that enhances the overall lifespan of the appliance. It also improves their performance.
- High Speed: The maximum speed of this ceiling fan is an impressive 370 RPM to go with a 218 CMM air delivery.
- Sturdy Design: The Crompton HS boasts off a sturdy look that goes well its powerful motor. It also comes with a unique two-piece construction that makes its operation a lot stable and noise-free.
9. Usha Bloom Daffodil Ceiling Fan
The Bloom Daffodil from Usha is one of the most beautifully crafted ceiling fans and comes with a very stylish looking design.
It also offers four different colour options to choose from, all of which guarantee to blow your mind away.
The Bloom Daffodil Goodbye Dust series comes with a dust-resistant Novel Silane Paint technology. It is definitely one of the best ceiling fan in India.
Usha is a household name in India for decades and is considered one of the most reputed homegrown brands.
The Usha Daffodil is another great offering from Usha that has a high speed of 380 RPM. It offers air delivery of 240CCM with a power consumption of 85 Watts.
This ceiling fan is one of the best ceiling fan in India, packed with a number of special features that are:
- Oil and Moisture Resistant: The Hydrophobic and Oleophobic surface of the Goodby Dust series is completely oil and moisture resistant. Usha has also blessed this beautiful ceiling fan with a polyurethane coating that makes it resistant to any type of scratch or stains, ensuring that the exquisite looks of the fan remain intact for years.
- Easy to Maintain: The unique coating also allows you to easily clean the blades without much hassle.
- Unique Blade Design: The blades of the Bloom Daffodil is uniquely designed with a high lift angle that enhances the delivery and circulation quality of the air.
- 100% Copper Motor: The fan runs on a high powered 100% copper motor that provides exceptional performance. The fan is built to provide high-speed air delivery even if the voltage is down.
10. Amazon Brand Solimo Swirl Fan
Last but certainly not the least, the final entrant in our list of best ceiling fan in India is the Solimo Swirl 1200 mm, a brand of Amazon.
Understanding the needs of the Indian consumer, Solimo has come up with a very economical ceiling fan.
It has a high speed of 380 RPM and a 200 m3/min air delivery to provide a cool breeze of air across all corners of the room.
This ceiling fan from Solima is ideal for home or office use and comes with three different pleasing colour options and a simplistic design.
Its 48 inches wide blades ensure optimum distribution of air throughout the room. This premium quality appliance also carries a two year warranty period.
Some of the other superior features of the Solima Swirl 1200 mm ceiling fan are as follows:
- Noiseless Performance: Its powerful motor, coupled with the double ball bearing, enhances the lifespan of the appliance while significantly bringing down the noise level.
- Energy Efficient: With a power consumption of 66 Watts, this ceiling fan makes sure that you are not paying a fat electricity bill at the end of the month. The Somila Swirl operates at 230 Volts.
- Sturdy Build: This ceiling fan is built with strong materials like aluminium and metalized steel that keeps the appliance strong and sturdy for years. The motor and blades are both corrosion-resistant thanks to its polished surface.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Select the Best Ceiling Fan in India?
Now that we are done with the best ceiling fan in India. Let’s go through some of the important factors and pointers that you must keep in mind before you buy a ceiling fan.
The fact that a ceiling fan is neither a big investment nor a heavy-load appliance. We never really think much, or we don’t research before buying a ceiling fan. Nobody really cares much about the BEE ratings or how energy-efficient the fan is.
However, if one thinks about it, a ceiling fan is one appliance that is used the most. The ceiling fan is switched on for most parts of the day and then all night. That’s why it is essential to check the energy efficiency of the fan before buying it.
Let’s look at some other points that we believe will help you in making a smart decision when it comes to choosing the perfect ceiling fan for you from our list of best ceiling fan in India.
Different Types of Fans
- Ceiling Fans: Ceiling Fans, as the name suggests, are mounted on the ceiling. It circulates the air throughout the room with its tilted blades running on a powerful motor. This is the most common type of ceiling fans.
- Table Fans: These fans are small and light. They can also easily be moved from one place to another. It is generally kept on a table or pedestal.
- Pedestal Fans: There are similar to the table fans but are mounted on a stand. They can also be moved easily and very power efficient.
- Tower Fans: Tower fans are also gaining popularity in India as they are both portable and efficient.
- Wall Fans: As the name suggests, these fans are mounted to a wall and are comparatively tougher to move than table fans.
- Exhaust Fans: The primary purpose of the exhaust fans are to get rid of odours, fumes, heat, etc.
Size of the Ceiling Fan
The first factor to consider is the size of your room and, accordingly, look for the fan sweep size. The size of ceiling fans usually starts from 24 inches (600 mm). While the popular size among consumers is 48 inches (1,200 mm).
In order to effectively utilize the fan, it is ideally recommended to be placed in the centre of the room. A larger sweep size indicates more air circulation.
Fun Fact: The famous Howrah Station has eleven HVLS (high volume low speed) fans, each of which has a sweep size of 7.3 meters (24 feet). The blades of these giant fans are longer than 10 feet, ensuring that air reaches all corners of the railway station.
Number of Blades
The number of blades in a fan is usually three and is enough to provide air circulation effectively. They also look more symmetrical and have an aesthetic appeal.
However, fans with four blades are also becoming popular in India lately.
Some brands have even come out with five-blade fans. One must understand that the quality of air circulation goes down with an increase in the number of blades.
On the other hand, the increase in the number of blades ensures that the fan makes much lesser noise.
Shape of Blades
The shape of the blade also plays a huge role in air circulation quality. Flat blades cannot generate any air circulation and, hence, you should always look at the tilt of the blades.
Also, check out for the low drag shape. Ideally, the tilting angle needs to be in the range of 12° to 15°. Note that any titling of more than 15° can affect the overall lifespan of your fan.
It puts pressure on the motor of the fan and can also lead to higher consumption of electricity in the long run.
Motor of the Fan
Ceiling fans run on a motor, which can also be described as its soul. Let’s look at the two types of fan motors that are generally available in the Indian market –
Single Phase Induction Motor
The single-phase induction motor is the more conventional one of the two and has been widely used by the fan manufacturers in India. These types of motors need a permanent capacitor and supply single-phase voltage using multiple wires and winding poles.
Brushless Direct Current motor
In comparison, BLDC (Brushless Direct Current) motors are more efficient and also noise-free. It eliminates any type of power loss by getting rid of any friction, which results in lower energy consumption and a lighter electric bill.
We are all used to the regulators on the switch panel that is meant to control the ceiling fan’s speed.
These light kits are either remotely controlled or have a pull-chain method of operation. In order to enhance the longevity of the ceiling fans. Features like anti-rust and anti-dust are also seen in many upcoming ceiling fan models.
From the year 2020, it is compulsory for all the fan manufacturers to come with star ratings. A higher star rating indicates a higher quality of the fan. Fans with high ratings also consume a lesser amount of energy.
Even though installing a fan is no rocket science. All ceiling fans come with a fan manual that will guide you through the installation process.
Another point to keep in mind is that the ceiling must not be tilted or sloping. Go for a longer rod if the roof or ceiling is sloped. This is done so that the blades of the fan do not graze against the ceiling.
Location of the Ceiling Fan
In a normally square-shaped room, an ideal position to have your fan installed is in the centre of the room. In a large room, it is always advisable to go for two ceiling fans as the sweep size of one single fan might be limited.
Having a space of a minimum of 8 feet between the floor and that fan is very important.
Choose a smaller rod if the ceiling is not that high. Go for a longer rod when the ceiling is higher than 10 feet. You need to make sure that the distance between the fan and the floor is optimum.
How to enhance the longevity of your ceiling fan?
Here are a few easy tips that will keep your ceiling fan maintained and running for a much longer time.
Frequently Asked Questions
A ceiling fan is an essential product. While we don’t really realize it, but living a day without fans would be completely unimaginable, especially during the summer season. One must do proper research before finalizing their next ceiling fan. The buyer’s guide provided above can really help you in making a better and informed decision.
Now that we are done with the 10 best ceiling fan in India and the various factors one needs to consider. It’s time for us to say goodbye and for you to purchase your next ceiling fan!
We have also tried to answer the various frequently asked questions related to ceiling fans.
However, if you still have any doubts, we would love to answer it for you in the comments section below.
Thankyou for Reading!